Winter triticale is the best of both worlds, wheat and rye! This annual grain was developed through a cross of winter wheat and winter rye and the desirable traits from both are present in this hybrid.
- Extremely winter hardy similar to rye but produces quality forage just like wheat.
- Plant on dry or light soil with no worries.
- Drought tolerant.
- Excellent for the north where winters are hard.
- Do not plant on extremely wet soils. Soil should be well-drained or moderately drained.
- Moderately tolerant to saline soils.
When to Plant: Mid - late fall. Plant in fall when conditions will allow for germination before the dormant winter period begins.
Seeding Rate: 80 - 100 lbs / acre
Drilled Seed Depth: 1" - 1.5"
VNS Winter Triticale
50 # bags
Winter Triticale 50 #
Returns only accepted within 30 days from purchase in original, unopened packaging. Return products with the carrier of your choice. 10% restock fee will apply.