After all your vegetables have been harvested and your home garden has been cleaned up, don't let your garden soil rest!
Put it to work on the off months; working for you toward better soil health next spring! Plant our Fall Home Garden Cover Crop Mix!
This cover crop mix is an excellent nitrogen fixer. It's great for adding organic matter and weed suppression. Just mow it off in the spring and till it under!
Fall Home Garden Cover Crop mix is the perfect blend of winter rye, ColdSnap Annual Ryegrass, winter peas, crimson clover and winter hairy vetch.
How to Plant for Best Results
- Till ground before sowing.
- Firm soil for flat seedbed with cultipacker, roller or equilivent.
- Broadcast seeds evenly on seedbed. 5 lbs. covers approximately 1,000 sq. ft.
- Rake into soil or use cultipacker / roller again.
- Keep a good balance of moisture and breathing room for the seeds until established. Do not over seed or over water.
5 lbs of seed for approximately 1,000 square feet.
Fall Home Garden Cover Crop
Returns only accepted within 30 days from purchase in original, unopened packaging. Return products with the carrier of your choice. 10% restock fee will apply.
40% Winter Rye
20% Austrian Winter Peas
20% ColdSnap Annual Ryegrass
10% Crimson Clover
10% Winter Hairy Vetch